Returning from a 3 day binge of pizza, chicken wings, fries, bratwurst, burgers, tacos, and beer really brings a whole new truth to the saying, “You are what you eat”. Yes, Coachella was amazing. Yes, I ate like a pig. Yes, I am paying for it now. And no, I don’t think I’m alone.
As I have slowly begun to get my life and body back together, I felt it would be a good time to introduce the healthy side of Spoondles. Which means a new series called Health Nut.
Just because your lazy doesn’t mean you have to be unhealthy. Today I made my go-to immunity booster fave that is super quick, nutritious and delicious. I often make it as a side dish or add it to my pasta sauce for a healthy addition. The main ingredient is Kale, one of the best foods for your body. If you don’t know what that is then click here because it’s about time you do.
Caring Kale Recipe
- ½ head of kale
- ½ of a lemon juiced
- 3 tbs olive oil
- salt to taste
- Spike seasoning (optional)
1. Wash kale, remove stems, and break up kale into smaller pieces
2. Add ¼ of water to a sauté pan over medium, low heat. Add kale and drizzle with olive oil then cover.
3. Sauté kale until leaves begin to wilt and soften (5-10 min). Add more water or oil if pan dries up
4. Add lemon juice and salt to taste
5. Sauté for a few more minutes until kale is tender and the seasoning tastes correct.
P.S. To all the Coachella-ers who brushed their teeth with beer, missioned it to Mickey D’s for 3am fries and haven’t had a vegetable in days, this is for you. I love you all!
P.P.S. Muse, LCD Soundsystem, XX, Hot Chip, Gorillaz, Jay Z. MGMT and Pheonix, you made my weekend!