This recipe was passed on to me by my most fabulous friend. She’s the kind of girl who cooks in heels, never has a bad hair day and cleans like Mary Poppins*. Sometimes I wish I could be as fabulous as her, but I’m too lazy. Whether it’s a holiday party with cranberry martinis or a 3:00 am snack of baked pineapple with cinnamon, her food is always delicious. This salmon recipe is no exception. It is super tasty, very simple and good for you too. Salmon has tons of health benefits as it is high in Omega-3 fats, Vitamin D and B12. And with a fresh marinade of onions, garlic, dill, sun dried tomatoes, olive oil and lemon, its extra healthy and scrumptious. I like to make this recipe when I’m in my athletic mode, have precious little time, or want to impress someone special. You can prep the marinade 1 day ahead and then add it to the salmon a few minutes before it goes in the oven. Could it be more simple?
WARNING: Consuming this delicious and healthy meal may result in unexpected sexiness
* Mary Poppins is one of my favorite Disney movie. Click here to view it’s upcoming sequel!
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 tbs FRESH dill chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 7 sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- half a lemon juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb salmon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine first 7 ingredients together in a bowl and let marinade
- Season fish with salt and pepper
- Cover a baking pan or dish with foil and place fish on top
- Scoop the marinade on top of fish with a fork or spoon until the whole fish is covered with the marinade
- Wrap the fish in foil and bake for 25-30 minutes or until tender and not bright pink in center.
- Serve with a side of brown rice and vegetables like bok choy, asparagus or broccoli and enjoy!
Season salmon generously with salt and pepper. To Prepare the marinade, make sure the onion and sun dried tomatoes are chopped roughly the same size. This will allow them to cook evenly and it looks nice too 😉